EDMbiz Announces Panels, Nightclub Party Schedule and New Speakers including Pete Tong, Afrojack and Steve Aoki
Badge holders to enjoy free access to select nightclubs and events
Adding to an already extensive agenda, EDMbiz is proud to announce the next round of speakers for this year’s event, June 18 – 20, 2013.Consummate tastemaker, music supervisor, KCRW music director and DJ, Jason Bentley, returns as host for the 2nd annual confab that in year one quickly established itself as the must attend conference for electronic dance music. Among the new delegates are renown DJs Pete Tong, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Dash Berlin and Dirty South, agents Sam Kirby (WME), Maria May (CAA) and Matt Rodriquez (AM Only), managers Stephanie LaFera (Little Empire Music) and Matt Colon (Deckstar)and Beatport CEO Matt Adell. These speakers join an already impressive list including Perry Farrell (Artist and Founder of Lollapalooza), Rob Light (Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, CAA), Marc Geiger (Head of Music, WME), James Barton (President, Live Nation Electronic Music), Shelly Finkel (Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment), Joel Zimmerman (Global Head of Electronic Music, WME), Lee Anderson (Agent, AM Only) and many others (complete list below).
throughout Las Vegas during EDC Week
Conference programming details are emerging. Pete Tong will be the subject of a keynote “conversation with” hosted by Live Nation’s James Barton. Previously announced keynotes include a rare and exclusive conversation with CAA’s Rob Light hosted by Billboard’s Kerri Mason, and a much anticipated one-on-one between WME’s Marc Geiger and Perry Farrell as they reflect on the genesis and evolution of Lollapalooza and the EDM effect from year one to now.
The EDMbiz nighttime party schedule has also been officially announced! Conference attendees will be treated to complimentary admission to Las Vegas’ best nightclubs, including Lavo, Marquee, Surrender, TAO, Tryst, and others, featuring performances from ATB, Avicii, Dash Berlin, Dirty South, Morgan Page, Nero, Rusko and many more. Thursday night’s closing night party at the Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Pool will feature a performance by Infected Mushroom. Attendees will also receive complimentary admission to Thursday night’s Bassrush Massive show at Orleans Arena.
Agenda topics and discussions at EDMbiz 2013 will include (with more to be announced):
On the Beat | EDM Press: From mainstream to independent media, our panel of journalists will discuss some the greatest challenges and most compelling storylines emerging from EDM culture today.
Growth & Investment: Leading money managers and financiers talk growth potential and key investment opportunities in dance music and peripherally associated businesses.
Content is King: More than most genres, EDM dominates the digital space. What are the best strategies for generating original content, and how can you monetize content online?
Festivals of the Future: Leading festival promoters and talent reps discuss the latest trends in the field, along with innovations and challenges in the festival arena.
EDM’s Place at the Grammys: What does the Recording Academy do? How do you submit music for awards consideration?How do you become a member? Panelists will also discuss the DJ AM Memorial Fund, and forthcoming documentary on his life.
Let’s Hug It Out | Agents in EDM: Top talent agents discuss their role in developing artists and helping shape the live music space. How do they identify talent, prioritize their roster and assess the best bookings for their clients?
An Introduction to AFEM, the Association for Electronic Music: Find out why the world of EDM needs a global advocacy group to help push the culture forward. AFEM—a future alliance for future music.
Adventures in Clubland: Key players from the nightlife industry discuss best practices and strategy for growth. How does a nightclub stay relevant? How do different markets compare?
The EDMbiz conference will be held June 18 -20, as part of EDC Week, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.More info can be found at www.edmbiz.com.Below is the most updated list of panelists and speakers for the conference:
The Greatest Night of Your Life: This panel examines the grassroots passion behind successful events and spotlights one of the most important, yet often overlooked, components of a thriving music scene—the fan. Panelists will also offer a preview of the EDC documentary with directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.
· Neil Ackland, CEO and Founder, inthemix.com
· Matthew Adell, CEO, Beatport
· Afrojack, Artist/DJ/Producer
· JilaAlaghamandan, Entertainment Director, Insomniac
· Lynn Albers, COO, Spark! Productions Chicago
· Lee Anderson, Agent, AM Only
· Steve Aoki, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Katie Bain, Senior Music Writer, LA Weekly
· Doug Barry, Managing Director, Selby Ventures and Artist Capital Group
· James Barton, President, Live Nation Electronic Music
· Jason Bentley, Music Director, KCRW radio (Moderator)
· John Boyle, Chief Growth Officer and Interim CFO, Insomniac
· Bunny, Creative Director, Insomniac
· Todd Chaffee, General Partner, Institutional Venture Partners
· Costas Charalambous, SVP, SBENightlife
· Ted Cohen, Managing Director, TAG Strategic
· Matt Colon, Partner / Manager, Deckstar
· Dan Cutforth, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
· Dash Berlin, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Eddie Dean, Owner, Pacha New York
· Dirty South, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Bruce Eskowitz, COO, Red Light Management
· Perry Farrell, Artist and Founder, Lollapalooza
· Shelly Finkel, Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment
· Bill Freimuth, VP of Awards, Grammys
· Marc Geiger, Head of Music, William Morris Endeavor
· Geronimo, Director of Programming Electronic/Dance Format, Sirius XM
· Martin Gontad, Producer, Creamfields Argentina
· Steve Goodgold, Agent, The Windish Agency
· Steve Gordon, Owner, Circle
· Allan Hardenberg, CEO, Alda Events (A State of Trance, Armin Only, I Am Hardwell)
· JasjaHeijboer, Owner, Ace Agency
· Chris Kantrowitz, Founder and CEO, Gobbler
· Kevin Kerslake, Director, DJ AM Documentary
· Sam Kirby, Agent, WME
· Stephanie LaFera, Owner, Little Empire Music
· Simon Rust Lamb, Esq., COO and General Counsel, Insomniac
· Mikhail LaPushner, CEO and Founder, OneBeat
· Vivien Lewit, Director Content Partnerships Music, YouTube
· Rob Light, Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, Creative Artists Agency
· Jane Lipsitz, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
· Ryan Mac, Reporter, Forbes
· Kerri Mason, GM, inthemix.com and Contributor,Billboard
· Maria May, Agent, CAA
· Daniel Mendoza, Regional Manager, Chapter Operations, Grammys
· Liz Miller, General Manager, Big Beat/Atlantic
· Neil Moffitt, CEO, Angel Management Group (Hakkasan)
· David Moricca, Founder and CEO, Mixify
· Kurosh Nasseri, Attorney at Law and Co-Founder, Association for Electronic Music
· Sarah Polonsky, Senior Editor, Vibe
· Gary Richards, CEO, HARD Events
· Matt Rodriguez, Agent, AM Only
· Pasquale Rotella, CEO, Insomniac
· Edward Shapiro, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
· Todd Sims, CEO, Flavorus
· Rick Stevens, CEO, Y Entertainment Group (Ron Burkle’s music investment arm)
· Jason Strauss, Managing Partner, TAO Group
· Tommie Sunshine. Label Owner, Brooklyn Fireand Writer, Huffington Post
· Mike Tunnicliffe, Chief Growth Officer, GroupM/WPP
· Ben Turner,Director, Graphite and Co-founder, Association for Electronic Music
· Hunter Williams, Agent, CAA
· Joel Zimmerman, Global Head of Electronic Music, William Morris Endeavor
· Brian Zisk, Managing Director, SF MusicTech Fund and Executive Producer, SF MusicTech Summit
For more information on programming, sponsorship and business development, please contact email@example.com.