- How do I add an artist to The Untz?
Users with promoter and artist level access can add artists to The Untz database. Fans cannot add artists to the database. If you are an artist or have the right to act on behalf of an artist, create an artist user account by selecting the I am an Artist / Artist Representative button on the Sign-Up tab.
There are 2 different options to add artists to the database:
- A. Manage the Artist Profile – If you are an artist or have permission to act on behalf of an artist, click the “Add an Artist” button on the Artist page or select that option from the drop-down list box.
- B. Add an Artist to the Database but do NOT manage the profile – Click the “Add an Event” button on the Events tab. Verify the artist does not already exist in the database by searching the Artist Name field. If the Artist does not appear in the search when adding artists to a particular event, click Add an Artist (in the Add an Event form). This will add the artist to the database, but also allow that artist to manage the account, rather than you. Once the artist is added to the event, they will receive a separate email explaining how to setup and use their account.
- How do I update or change My Managed Artist information?
Once you are logged in, go to the Artists tab, select My Managed Artists from the drop-down, and click the edit icon next to the Artist you would like to change.
- Someone else added me to The Untz, how do I take control of my page?
You should have received an email from The Untz when another user added your profile to the database. If you did not, click here and fill out the contact form. Once we establish you are the correct owner, we will make the appropriate changes and help you set up your account.
- How do I add and track one of my favorite artists? [Must be logged in]
- Click on the Artists tab and click the add icon next to any artist.
- Click on the Artist Detail tab and click the Add to My Favorites button
2 Different Options:
You can find all of your favorite artists by selecting My Favorite Artists from the drop-down on the Events page.
- How do I add an Event to The Untz?
Only users with promoter and artist level access are allowed to add events to the database. Fans cannot add events to the database. If you are a promoter and want to add events, create a promoter user account by selecting the, I am a Promoter button, on the Sign-Up tab.
Click the Add an Event button or select that option from the drop-down list on the Events page.
- How do I make changes to or delete an event I added to the database? [Must be logged in]
Click on the Events tab and select My Managed Events from the drop-down. Click edit or delete next to the event you want to change.
- How do I notify someone that there is incorrect event information? [Must be logged in]
On the Events tab, select the Incorrect Information hyperlink. Fill in your comments and the promoter will be emailed.
- I am the promoter of an event but someone has already added it to the database. How do I claim and get control of the event? [Must be logged in]
On the Events tab, select the Claim this Event hyperlink. Fill in your comments and the original promoter and The Untz administrator will be emailed. Once we verify you are the correct owner, we will reassign the event to your account and you will have full management rights.
- How do I notify someone that I need to be added as an artist to an event already in the database? [Must be logged in]
On the Events tab, select the Add me as an Artist hyperlink. Fill in your comments and the promoter will be emailed. Promoters will ultimately be responsible for adding you as an additional artist to their event.
- How do I add a show to My Events Calendar? [Must be logged in]
You have two different options:
- In any event listing, click the Add to My Events Calendar icon
- In the event detail page, click the Add to My Events Calendar button
- How do I add an unlisted venue to the database?
Only users with promoter and artist level access are allowed to add events to the database.
On the Events tab, click the Add Event button or select it from the drop-down list. In the form, make sure that the Venue does not already exist by using the search functionality in the Venue Name box. Click the Add a New Venue link and fill out the form.
- How do I update my Local Event Area and Preferred Genres [Must be logged in]
In the control panel, select update account information.
- How do I add an unlisted venue to the database?
- How do I contribute an article or write for The Untz?
We are looking for talented individuals who want to write featured news articles and show reviews for us. Please fill out the contact form
- What are new show alerts?
The Untz will send you an email when one of your Favorite Artists is added to an event in your local event area.
- How can I opt out of new show alerts?
In the control panel, select update account information. Uncheck the box next to Send me new show alerts.
- How can I advertise with you?
We are looking to setup mutually beneficial barter agreements in exchange for adverting on the site. Most importantly, we are looking for strategic partners that can help build the largest electronic music database in the world. Click here for more information.
- What are acceptable file formats and sizes for artist profile and event flyer images?
For artist profile images, we accept GIF, JPG, or PNG files with a maximum file size of 1MB. In order for the picture not to crop, it should be in a 3:2 (W:H) aspect ratio.
For event flyers, we accept GIF, JPG, or PNG files with a maximum file size of 1MB. In order for the picture not to crop, it should be in a 2:3 (W:H) aspect ratio. For optimal display in the lightbox view, use an image with dimensions closest to 1024X768.
File sizes are limited in order to optimize website speeds.
- Which music file format is acceptable and what encoder settings should I use?
MP3 (Standard MPEG 1 Layer-3) is the encoding format we accept. Please encode your file with a maximum of 128kbps CBR (constant bit rate). Higher bit rate and VBR (Variable bit rate) files are not good for streaming across the web and should not be uploaded as a courtesy to all users. Also, encode with a 44.1 KHz sampling frequency and in Joint-Stereo. The maximum file size for each MP3 is 20 MB.
New Show Alerts Help
Image and Audio File Specifications